Who is a Customer Advisor?A Customer Advisor is an employee of a Poviat Labour Office, employed on one of four positions in the Office, including an job placement officer, career counsellor, professional development specialist or programme specialist who was appointed the Customer Advisor.
The Customer Advisor's function consists in continuous care for the Labour Office customer, including:
- a person registered in the Labour Office as an unemployed or jobseeker;
- an employer or another entity whom the provisions of the Act concerning employers apply to, i.e. an entrepreneur, entity interested in employing a foreigner, an agricultural cooperative.
How can a Customer Advisor help the interested person?The tasks of a Customer Advisor include continuous care for an unemployed or a jobseeker, including but not limited to a preparation for the implementation of an individual action plan and monitoring it, provision of the basic individual labour market services and facilitating access to other forms of aid stipulated in the Act.
A Customer Advisor who takes care of the unemployed or the jobseeker in the Office:
- determines the customer's needs — establishes contact with them, obtains information on their professional situation (experience, competences, barriers preventing them from entering or reentering the labour market etc.), analyses the needs reported by the customer, analyses the situation on the labour market with the customer's needs and possibilities in mind;
- provides information on the forms of assistance which can be offered to an unemployed or jobseeker;
- establishes rules of cooperation together with the customer; if this is an unemployed person, prepares an obligatory IAP with them, while if this is a jobseeker and they consider it worthwhile together with the customer, they can also prepare an IAP; they investigate the possible implementation of the forms of assistance corresponding to the customer's needs and, together with other employees of the Labour Office or of other institutions, appoint the dates when the assistance can be provided to the customer;
- implements tasks related to providing assistance to the customer — performs tasks allocated to them within the cooperation with the customer and refers the customer to relevant employees of the Labour Office or other institutions. If the IAP implementation is anticipated within the cooperation with the customer, they shall monitor its course on an ongoing basis; they assess the need to apply other methods and forms of assistance which can help the customer enter or reenter the labour market effectively and introduce relevant amendments to the IAP whenever required by the circumstances;
- updates information in the registration sheet — enters their own activities and documents the customer's activities, any changes referring to the rules of cooperation predetermined with the customer, IAP.